It’s fall, y’all! It definitely doesn’t feel like it in Mississippi, but that’s ok! To be expected! It’ll happen at some point… 😉
One way we’ve been getting in the fall mood around our abode is with these S’More Cookies! S’mores always make me think about fall… I guess something about marshmallows and bonfires conjure up all the fall feels!
This recipe is an adaptation of my all time favorite cookie recipe, which I blogged about here last spring and have made fairly regularly since then! This favorite recipe is for chocolate chip cookies, so I took the base, then added a little twist of my own! 🙂
WHAT YOU NEED
8 Tablespoons Salted Butter
1/2 Cup White Sugar
1/4 Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 Teaspoon Salt (I always add a tad extra!)
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Graham Cereal (Like Golden Grahams), Slightly Crushed
1/2 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips (I like the larger ones!)
1/2 Cup Mini Marshmallows
WHAT YOU DO
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Microwave the butter for about 40 seconds. It should be mostly melted, but not hot.
3. With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until creamy. Then add vanilla and egg and beat until just incorporated (about 15 seconds.)
4. Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Mix until well incorporated.
5. Fold in the graham cereal.
6. In a separate bowl, mix chocolate chips and marshmallows together.
7. Scoop spoonfuls of dough onto your uncreased cookie sheet, being sure to leave enough room for the dough to spread out when baking, then press the middle of each scoop of dough to create little “nests.”
8. Fill each nest with chocolate chips and marshmallows, then top with a small dollop of dough to sort of “seal in” the goodies!
9. Bake for 10-11 minutes, or until slightly golden brown on top.
10. Allow to fully cool before eating (because, honestly, when they’re fresh out of the oven, the Golden Grahams are a tad chewy. Once the cookies return to room temp, they’re perfect!)
I hope you enjoy these this fall! The cinnamon adds just a little something fallish and unexpected to the flavor, as well as the graham and marshmallow yumminess! 🙂
I hope y’all had a fantastic weekend!! We had a BLAST in Starkville watching the bulldogs show out. I’ve been a dawg my whole life, so I know not to ever get my hopes up too high… But for now I’m going to enjoy a good week of being a really happy State fan! ha!
Thank y’all SO MUCH for stopping in today! It means so much! Happy Monday!