Hola, my friends! I hope you’re having a good day so far!
I was recently scrolling back through some old photos to try to find a certain picture for work when I stumbled upon a bunch of pretty pictures that I realize I never posted! These pictures were taken just before a bridal shower for one of my besties at my house last spring! I remember really enjoying doing the flowers for this shower because, for only spending about $20, I loved how they turned out!
Spring is the best because the plants just come alive! I absolutely LOVE being able to go outside and clip a branch of any one of our bushes, flowers, trees, whatever, and bring it inside. Even just a little tiny sprig of something green adds so much life to a home, I think!
I wanted to share a few things to think about when going for a pretty look without breaking the bank on flower and greenery arranging that I found handy when working on this shower!
- Don’t go overboard on flower buying. I remember only buying three bunches of flowers at Kroger. One bunch was nicer flowers, but the other two were inexpensive in the colors we used for the shower. Total spent was about $20
- I went outside and gathered a few smaller clippings from a couple of different bushes, then got a couple of larger tree branches to use. In the kitchen and in our bedroom, I put tree branches in sturdy vases for some tall, all green, free decoration. I used the smaller clippings either by themselves in bud vases or bunched together in vases.
- We served drinks on our screened in porch, so I was able to do a bunch of greenery for a table on that porch that could also be seen from through the bedroom window! So that one strategically placed bunch actually served as greenery from two completely different views. If you can place one arrangement that can be seen from multiple different rooms, do it! You’re killing multiple birds with one stone.
- Even just one single flower mixed with some pretty green leaves makes a great impact for a side table, bathroom counter, or any other space where you want some freshness but don’t have space for a larger arrangement.
- If you don’t have nice flowers or greenery in your own yard, go to someone else’s house and clip some of their stuff! Don’t even ask them. They likely won’t notice. (Just kidding… you should probably ask! But seriously, they probably wouldn’t notice… It’s your call! 😉 ) I’m sure you could scrounge up a few cool branches and clippings from somewhere close by!
Now is a good time to share that I am no florist. I definitely have no formal training in this area. But I do love having freshness in the house whenever possible, so this is something I’ve been doing for years! It just makes me happy 🙂
Do y’all have any tips for quick, easy, inexpensive flower and greenery arranging?! I’d love to hear!
(By the way, this post was semi-inspired by some of the great responses I’ve gotten from my blog survey so THANK Y’ALL to those of you who took it! It’s still up for a few more days if you haven’t taken it but would be so generous to give a little bit of your time to help me improve this little blog! 🙂 Y’all have no idea how valuable this feedback has been for me!)
I appreciate you stopping by today! Have a GREAT day and – challenge for the day- go out of your way to be nice to somebody today! XO!