About a month ago when it seemed like every other person in my life was sick (and unfortunately the trend has continued… people still keep getting sick!), I set out to NOT get sick, so I started drinking a concoction twice a day that I knew would have some immunity boosting effects, plus maybe a few extra bonuses!
As I sit here typing this, I’m drinking my second cup of the day and have been able to ward off all sickness, despite the plethora of germs that I feel have floated my way!
My “Super Tea” as I’m calling it, is pretty simple! Weird, yes. But simple nonetheless!
I don’t have an exact recipe, but here’s what I include in my Super Tea!
About 1 tablespoon of organic virgin coconut oil
About 1 tablespoon of raw honey
One pinch of cayenne pepper
Several pinches of cinnamon
Juice from half a lemon
8 to 10 oz. of hot water
I simply mix all of this together until the oil and honey have melted! I drink two helpings a day! On top of not getting sick, I’ve found myself with more energy and more mental alertness, I’ve found that it helps with digestion, and (I could totally be dreaming this but…) I feel like I have less noticeable wrinkles! (But maybe my eyes are just going bad. Totally possible!)
After doing just a little research, here are some of the big health benefits of this Super Tea, just to name a few!
– Cinnamon and Coconut oil boost brain function and may help prevent Alzheimer’s
– Cinnamon and Coconut oil help fight infection
– Cinnamon lowers your blood sugar level
– Cayenne pepper and Lemon juice are anti-cold and flu agents
– Cayenne pepper helps manage headaches
– Cayenne pepper is a well known digestive aid
– Cayenne pepper is a circulatory stimulant
– Cayenne pepper and Coconut oil reduce appetite and increase metabolism
– Raw honey is a natural source of energy
– Raw honey is packed with vitamins and minerals
– Lemon juice helps maintain a healthy complexion
– Lemon juice increases iron absorption
– Coconut oil increases your energy expenditure, helping you burn more fat
I won’t sit here and tell you that this is the most fabulous tasting stuff you ever drank, but honestly I think it has a good taste! I look forward to getting to drink it every day. I think knowing how good it is for me just makes it taste better! (I will warn ya– be careful about the cayenne pepper! If you put too much, your first sip might choke you! You’ve been warned.) You’ll also probably want to swirl your cup every few sips so the cinnamon and cayenne don’t settle on the bottom!
What do y’all do to keep from getting sick? (Being sick is just the WORST so I’m up for almost anything to keep it from happening!) I would love to hear!