Today’s post is called [ Title Pending ] because, for now, I cannot for the life of me come up with a good title for this post!
I want to share with y’all about a fantastic new little kids’ book, but everything I wanted to title this post seemed wrong. More about that at the end! For now, onto the book!
This book, which I was introduced to through my friends at Candlewick Press, is called His Royal Highness King Baby: A Terrible True Story” by Sally Lloyd-Jones (who just happens to be the author of the Children’s Storybook Bible and Song of the Stars, which is one of our 25 Christmas books! These two books are major winners in our household!) It’s about a big sister who was the queen of her castle until one day, a new baby came home to live in her castle with her and her world just crumbled!
The book is absolutely hysterical. When it first arrived, I was sitting in bed reading it for the first time and laughing out loud! When Price asked me what I was laughing at, I gave him a few snippets and he agreed that it was pretty funny!
Not only is the story good (and it does have a very happy ending, but I won’t give it all away!), but the interior design lover in me was very drawn to the spaces illustrated in the book! That peacock chair is to die for, right? And I love that the front and back inside covers look like an oriental rug. I’m thinking this book could double as a rug to go next to the doll bed that Lily Ryan is getting for Christmas! 😉 (I’m only half kidding.)
Anyway, I think this book would be a fantastic gift for a 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 year old who might be expecting a new baby brother or sister soon. It touches on real life, but also has a great silver lining. And all presented with beauty and humor! Perfect, right?!
So the titles I toyed with for this post then rejected were…
(1) A Terrible True Story. But that seemed way too dramatic, especially since it actually isn’t terrible! ha!
(2) When Expecting a New Sibling. Because I think this book would be awesome for a kiddo to read if he/she is getting a new sibling soon! But then I didn’t want people to think I was pregnant if they just happened to read the title. (I’m not, by the way!)
(3) His Royal Highness King Baby. I kinda wanted to reserve that title for Jesus right here at his birthday! I know I’m weird. Go ahead and think it! ha!
(4) New Favorite Kids’ Book. It just sounded so boring…
(5) New Siblings are the Worst. Because to toddlers, this might seem true. But since new siblings are the BEST, this option was discarded too 😉
So anyway, until something really great strikes me, the current title shall remain!
Check out more of Sally Lloyd-Jones here. I think you’ll be impressed! I love this author and am so thankful that Candlewick Press allowed me the opportunity to play a part in helping spread the word about this beautiful new book! Our whole family really does love this book (including Lily Ryan, even if she doesn’t really “get” it yet!)
Ok thank y’all a million times over for stopping by today! I hope you’re having a fantastic week! Love ya, mean it!