Over the past couple of years, I’ve tried to start a gradual shift towards chemical free, especially when it comes to things that go on or in my body and the bodies of those I love! Although I don’t know if I’ll ever get our home 100% chemical free, I do think that making small changes over time can be nothing but good!
I wanted to share a few of the chemical free beauty products I’ve been absolutely loving as of late! Some of these are things I’ve shared before, but most are new! 🙂
(1) Earth Science Olive and Avocado Hair Masque. I first read about this masque on Byrdie, then continued to see it mentioned on several different blogs and magazines, so I figured it was worth a try. And I have LOVED it! I use it about once a week in place of conditioner and it really does make my hair feel so much healthier. I’ve noticed that my split ends are not as intense and my hair just feels healthier and stronger. Major, major fan!! // SHOP HERE… //
(2) Tarte Smooth Operator Finishing Powder. I love this powder! Powder is one of those things I wear daily, often reapplying it at some point during the day, so if I’m going to be using something that often, I want it to be good for me. This Tarte powder passes the Think Dirty test, which is an app I really trust, and it just works really well! In my opinion, it works better than this powder (also from a brand I love and trust), plus it’s less expensive and lasts longer. // SHOP HERE… //
(3) Honest Company 3-in-1 Facial Towelettes. These are THE BOMB! I’ve been using them for probably two years now. They are so easy to use before bed when you’re really tired and don’t want to do an all out facial cleanse with something that involves a wash cloth, soap, and water. They’re also great for wiping down your face in the morning before putting on makeup. They’re great at getting off eye makeup, and they leave my skin feeling so clean and moisturized! I love love love these little towelettes 🙂 // 7.1.18 edit: The 3-in-1 toilettes have been discontinued! 🙁 Sad day! But I have been using these Makeup Removing Wipes from Honest instead and I love them just as much. They may do an even better job of getting off eye makeup! So that’s a huge bonus! // SHOP HERE… //
(4) Native Deodorant. My sister in law turned me on to this stuff and it works WAY better than any other chemical free deo I’ve tried. This is the first aluminum free brand I’ve tried where Price hasn’t noticed me trying it. I don’t generally volunteer that I’m trying a new deodorant, but usually his nose tells him at the end of the day when I start “smelling like a hippie.” (<< his words, not mine.) He has actually commented with this stuff that I smell good at the end of the day! That, my friends, is the true test! I personally love the Coconut & Vanilla and Lavender & Rose scents! // SHOP HERE… //
(5) Beautycounter No. 3 Balancing Facial Oil. I put this stuff on my face every single night before bed. I luh-huv it. It helps with balancing out skin tone, but for me, it has also served as a wrinkle reducer! Before I started regularly using this stuff, I had some pretty deep wrinkles in both my forehead and at the corners of my smile. Each night before getting in bed, I put three drops in the palm of my hand, then dip my finger in it and rub each mouth corner, my forehead, in between my eyebrows, and the outside corners of my eyes where crows feet develop. I honestly think this stuff has reversed the severity of the wrinkles. It isn’t cheap, but it lasts a pretty long time! It also makes my skin look so much healthier in the morning if I used it the night before. // SHOP HERE… //
So those are my favorites! Do you have any chemical free products that you particularly love? Do share!!
Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope y’all had the best weekend! XO!