Thank you so much to Tomato Love, a division of Red Gold Tomatoes, for sponsoring this post. All options are my own!
The next time you’re looking for a good quality meal, might I suggest trying this creamy tortilla soup?! I’m SO in love with this recipe, not only because it’s delicious, but because my whole family enjoys it!
Think traditional tortilla soup, but creamy! It’s got all the flavor you expect, but the creaminess just takes it to the next level for me! And of course, using good quality ingredients takes it up a notch as well. Yummy rotisserie chicken, smooth cream cheese, hearty black beans, a couple of types of corn, and the best ingredient of all- Tomato Love diced tomatoes! I love that they come in so many varieties… Mild, medium, super spicy, with extra chiles… So you can change the personality of this recipe a little by changing up which type of Tomato Love tomatoes you use!
Let’s skip to the good part, shall we?
WHAT YOU NEED:
2 Tbl Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 White Onion, diced
3 cloves Garlic, grated
1 15oz can Yellow Corn, drained
1 15oz can White Corn, drained
1 15oz can Black Beans, drained
2 10oz cans Tomato Love diced tomatoes (I used one can Original and one can Mild!)
2 cups Rotisserie Chicken
Juice from one lime
4 cups Chicken Broth
1 8oz block Cream Cheese
1/2 Tsp Oregano
1/2 Tsp Cilantro
1 Tbl plus 2 Tsp Taco Seasoning
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Pepper
WHAT YOU DO:
- In a stock pot, add the olive oil, garlic, and diced onion. Stir over low to medium heat until the onions begin to brown (about five minutes.)
- Add the two drained cans of corn, the drained can of black beans, and the two UNdrained cans of Tomato Love tomatoes.
- Increase the heat to Medium and add the broth, the chicken, the lime juice, and all of the seasoning.
- After about ten minutes, once everything is heated up, add the cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Cover the pot and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Optional: add one to two teaspoons of corn starch if you wish for a slightly thicker soup.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips, sour cream, cheese, avocado, green onions, or whatever else you think might be good! You’ve got tons of options.
The real question, after you fall in love with the soup, is this: is it better served over tortilla chips, or with tortilla chips on the side? I personally enjoy putting the tortilla chips in the bowl, then ladling the soup over the chips. They get a little soggy, but MAN it’s so good! Haha but I know some people who much prefer chips dipped in the soup, crumbled on top to retain the crunch, or just eaten as a side with the soup.
Do you have a preference? I’d love to hear! 😉
I hope you love this recipe and enjoy it year round! It’s one of my favorites, so I really really hope you like it too!
As always, thank you so much for stopping in today! I hope your week is wonderful! XO!