Howdy, friend! I hope you’re having a great week so far!
I am SO excited to share this U.S. Farm Raised Catfish recipe with you today! Kebabs are fun and different, and in my opinion, a really easy way to incorporate in some extra veggies along with a great lean protein like catfish into the mix! Plus, they’re great for warmer weather because they can easily be done on a grill!
I personally am a little afraid of the grill when Price isn’t around (ha!), so I did these in the oven. But you can do either!!
The catfish for these kebabs is marinated in an awesome, yet very simple, lemon+mustard+herb sauce, with a similarly flavored greek yogurt dipping sauce on the side! As far as what to serve these with, really any side would be great with these, like salad or street corn or green beans… Just thinking out loud! This is an easy entree to create a meal around!
Without any further delay, here is the recipe!
LEMON HERB CATFISH KEBABS
(yields about 12 kebabs)
- 3 U.S. Farm Raised Catfish filets, cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 tablespoon Yellow Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Diced Fresh Chives
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
GREEK YOGURT DIPPING SAUCE
- 1/4 cup Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon Yellow Mustard
- 2 pinches Salt
- 2 pinches Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Diced Fresh Chives
METHOD FOR OVEN
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Go ahead and mix lemon juice, olive oil, and yellow mustard with chives, salt, and red pepper in a medium sized bowl.
3. Put your catfish pieces in the marinade and set aside while you’re doing the next few steps. (You could actually do this a few hours (or even the night) before to really maximize the flavor! But if you’re like me, you don’t plan that far ahead!) 😉
4. Go ahead and mix up your greek yogurt dipping sauce ingredients and place in the fridge.
5. Take your onion and bell pepper and cut each into 1” chunks. If you can, try to leave the layers of onion together so you can thread several layers at a time onto your kebabs.
6. Line your baking sheet with aluminum foil unless it’s already non-stick.
7. Using bamboo kebab skewers, thread onions, peppers, tomatoes, and catfish until desired amount is on the skewer.
8. Once you have skewers lined up on your baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
9. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, then rotate and bake for another 5 minutes, or until catfish is thoroughly cooked.
10. Serve hot with greek yogurt dipping sauce and ENJOY!!
I really hope you enjoy this light, bright recipe as much as I enjoy it! It’s super healthy and just plain fun 🙂
Thanks so much for stopping in today! And THANK YOU to U.S. Farm Raised Catfish for making this post possible! For more delicious catfish recipes that I personally love, click here, or here, or here, OR go to www.uscatfish.com! Have a great day!!