Traditional bruschetta is one of my favorite party foods. Simple and always delicious!! And since, for some reason, summer gets me even more in the mood for Mexican food than I normally am, I thought I’d try out some Mexican bruschetta! And I am THRILLED with how it turned out!
The hardest part about making bruschetta is dicing the tomatoes. So I took a shortcut and used some of Tomato Love’s diced tomatoes instead of me having to do all of that hard work! 😉 They have several varieties of diced tomatoes, but the ones with 2X the chilies seemed appropriate for this recipe! After adding a little extra seasoning, I was ready to scoop this tomato mixture onto some sliced French bread, top with some cheese, and throw a party!!
Here’s what you need:
1 loaf of fresh french bread
1 can Tomato Love Original Diced Tomatoes with 2X More Chilies
3 Tablespoons chopped cilantro, divided
½ teaspoon of minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
½ teaspoon Cumin
Juice from ¼ lime
1 teaspoon Olive Oil
½ cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
Here’s what you do:
- Open your can of Tomato Love diced tomatoes and drain them thoroughly. I put mine in a small colander and let them drip for a few minutes.
- Slice the french bread loaf on the bias into slices about ½ to ¾ inches thick each.
- In a medium bowl, combine drained tomatoes, 2 Tablespoons of your chopped cilantro, garlic, salt, cumin, lime juice, and olive oil, and mix well.
- On a tray, set your slices of french bread closely together and evenly divide the tomato mixture amongst each of your slices.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over all of the slices.
- Transfer to serving dish, garnish with remaining chopped cilantro, and ENJOY!
I find that this recipe pairs really well with this margarita! Whip up a batch of margs and bruschetta and you’re ready to get the fiesta started!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!! Huge thank you to Tomato Love, a family-owned company that goes through great lengths to deliver the best canned tomatoes possible to us, for supporting this post. To find the Tomato Love retailer closest to you, click here! All opinions are my own!