We’ve had a go-to cocktail around our house lately that I wanted to share with y’all today! (I say we as if I can drink them… Price is the main consumer these days although I do like them when I’m able to have a drink!)
We call this drink The Ron Howard. We originally called it The Old Ginger, but I was never completely sold on that title so we started thinking, “Who is an old red head that we could name this drink after?”
RON HOWARD! That’s it. And our drink name was official.
This is a take on an Old Fashioned, but it’s topped off with ginger ale. If you’re a whiskey fan, this thing is good! And a bit less stout thank a classic Old Fashioned. We Donahoos are fans!
The list of ingredients are very simple for a single serving:
1 sugar cube
Orange Bitters (Price’s preference) or Aromatic Bitters (my preference)
your Whiskey of choice
– Put your sugar cube in the bottom of a rocks glass and do 7 shakes of bitters on top of the sugar cube.
– Crush the sugar cube and get it all muddled into the bitters.
– Add about two ounces of whiskey
– Then add about two ounces of cold ginger ale
– Gently stir it all together
– Add ice (We are LOVING these ice ball makers. To feel fancy, I even put them in my water sometimes… HA! They’re pretty fun.)
Once you try, I’d love to know what you think!
Thanks soooo much for stopping by today!!! Means the world to me! 🙂 Have a great one!!