I don’t think it’s any secret that I love to eat. Especially when someone else cooks! And I have a particular soft spot in my heart for local restaurants. I think they add so much to the culture of any city! We in the Jackson, MS area really are super blessed with all of the great local food places we have to visit!
That’s why I’m SO EXCITED about this new series that kicks off today! I get to talk about five of my favorite local restaurants over the course of the next couple of months, some new things they have to offer, AND each post comes with an awesome giveaway– A gift certificate to that restaurant! Keep reading til the very end to find out how to enter!
Today we start with Anjou. This French restaurant is a Sunday brunch favorite for our family. You cannot beat their Bloody Marys and Quiche Lorraine… You just can’t! Price might argue that the Bananas Foster Pancakes are the way to go, but that’s another argument for another Sunday. Over brunch at Anjou, of course…
If you follow me on Instagram, you’re probably sick of seeing my pictures from brunching here! ha!
Let me back up and tell you why I like Anjou, great brunch or not.
(1) It’s located at The Township, which is 100% on my beaten path. LOVE the location. (2) Not only is the chef good, but he is French. Straight from the motherland. So the food you’re getting is authentic French cuisine. (3) The proprietor, who also happens to be the chef’s daughter, is the nicest person in the world. Her name is Anne and she is just a wonderful woman! I do business with people I like, and I really like Anne! (4) Did I mention that I love the food? Their bread and butter that come out with your meal are absolutely insane… I don’t know how it’s so good, but it is THE. BEST.
Anyway, Anjou has really started to up their catering game lately, so that’s the main thing I want to share about! Honestly I didn’t know Anjou even did catering until recently, but boy does all this sound (and look) really good…
My friend Anne Marie, marketing director for Anjou, answered a few questions I had on the matter!
1. For those who may not know, tell us a little about Anjou’s menu! Why is it special?
Anjou is run by the dynamic father-daughter team of Anne Amelot Holmes & classically French trained Chef Christian Amelot. Their menu boasts of French favorites like croque madame and southern traditions like Shrimp Linguini in a creole cream sauce. Everything in our kitchen is made from scratch, and you can taste the quality in the food!
2. As far as catering, what sorts of events would you consider to be Anjou’s specialty?
Anything cocktail-y or french themed, an elegant gala, or a bridesmaids luncheon or wedding!
3. What sets Anjou’s catering apart?
Everything is made from scratch. We don’t use store bought things. The menu is diverse and different from the typical offerings you see around town. Like specialty cheeses on the charcuterie & cheese display, the food items are very intricate and take a lot of love to build and create. Anjou even makes their own crusts for pies and quiches!
4. What has been your favorite event to cater thus far?
Our favorite event has been the Nicholson Wedding in May at Providence Hill Farms. The bride and mother of the bride were so great to work with and picked some of our favorite classic catering items as well as the popular shrimp canapés. We even created a caprese style canape for them. The venue was absolutely gorgeous, and the staff had a great time serving!
5. Is everything from your regular menu also on your catering menu?
No, we have a separate catering menu, which can be requested! We also offer custom catering where Chef Christian creates a menu based on style and price point of the guest.
6. Anything else you wish to add? 🙂
Use Anjou! It is the perfect place to go for date nights or business meetings in the private dining room at the restaurant. You can also do a full restaurant buyout and rent the entire place for events. The patio can be privately rented as well!
As you can see, Anjou has a ton to offer! I hope you can get an idea of why I love it so!
NOW, for the GIVEAWAY! You can enter to win $20 to Anjou to try it out for yourself! (Or just to go back if you’re already a fan!) Simply comment below with why you’d love to win the prize! A winner will be chosen Monday, September 21!
ALSO! If you book a catering event with Anjou and mention The Hive blog, you get a $50 gift certificate to the restaurant as a thank you! Hmm…. What event could I get Anjou to cater soon…? I’m definitely thinking!
Have a GREAT weekend and thank you for stopping by!!!
A special thank you to Sully Clemmer Photography and Anjou for providing photos and to Anjou Restaurant for supporting this post!